Sylvain Gariel co-founder of DNA Script-elected Innovator of the Year in France on the occasion of the Innovators Under 35 Europe : France Gathering
Download the free guide
Boost your gains
in the aim to reward the best talents in the French ecosystem of innovation and technology
Paris, June 9, 2017 – The magazine MIT Technology Review, the prestigious Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) unveiled yesterday the top 10 French award Innovators Under 35 Europe, on the occasion of the annual appointment organized by the magazine L’atelier BNP Paribas.
The finalists and the guests were received by Marie-Claire Capobianco, Head of the retail bank in France, BNP Paribas, as well as the winners of the previous editions as Xavier Duportet, recognized Innovator of the Year by MIT Technology Review in 2015, Laurent Boitard (Innovator under the age of 35 years in 2016) and Timothy Boitouzet, Innovator of the Year in 2016 and founder of Woodoo who hosted the evening as master of ceremony.
Awarded since 2011 in 6 European countries (France, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Poland and Italy), this initiative is open this year to the 28 member countries of the european Union to form a single competition. As well, the magazine will present in September the 35 prize winners of the Innovators Under 35 at Summit Europe, which will take place at Station F: the largest campus of startup of the world created by Xavier Niel.
More than 1,100 cases have been assessed this year in the framework of the european programme in the fields of biotechnology, medicine, software & hardware, telecommunications, and energy, among others. A jury made up of innovation leaders such as Patrick Maestro (Innovation Medal 2015 by the CNRS); Jean-Jacques Degroof, investor venture-capitalists or Kate Goodall, CEO of Halcyon Incubator (one of the largest incubators non-profit based in Washington D. C) has evaluated the profiles of the candidates.
10 profiles French in the list for the european price :
1. Sylvain Gariel: DNA Script. DNA Script, the startup created by Sylvain Gariel, aims to develop a printer capable of synthesizing DNA of high quality for the promotion of innovation in science and technology.
2. Hugo Mercier: Rythm. Hugo is co-founder and CEO of Rhythm, the startup company that develops Dreem : a device that sends auditory stimuli to the brain that can modulate the activity of the brain at night and significantly improve sleep quality.
3. Thibault Duchemin: Ava. The software of listening developed by Thibault Duchemin, Ava, made it possible to transcribe in real time the voice and messages of a conversation with multiple participants on a smartphone.
4. Sidarth Radjou: BIOMODEX. With BIOMODEX, Sidarth Radjou seeks to increase the success rate of surgeries with organs printed in 3D, technically identical to the bodies real, of a patient, for practicing before the intervention.
5. Antoine Christmas: Iapetus Medical Devices. Antoine Noël is the CEO of Iapetus Medical Devices and developer of Atlas, the exoskeleton that relieves the pain of low back pain by decompressing the spine and facilitate the practice of physical exercises.
6. Johann Kalchman: Lifeaz. Johann Kalchman, CEO of Lifeaz developed the first defibrillator designed for small spaces that offers a safety net for any person who suffers a cardiac arrest unexpectedly at home.
7. Morgane Barthod: Meteo*Swift. Morgane Barthod, founder and CEO of Meteo*Swift, has developed a tool for predicting the energy production in order to provide information and take the relevant decisions on the new electricity markets.
8. Mercy Frank: NovaGray. Thanks to the double patenting filed by Leniency with his startup NovaGray, doctors will be able to quickly determine the sensitivity of a patient to radiotherapy by analyzing a blood sample.
9. Nataliya Kosmyna: Braini. Nataliya Kosmyna has developed a technology capable of translating the signals of the direct neuronal interfaces (BCI) messages that reflect the intentions or the mental state of people with disabilities in terms of their motor skills.
10. Benedicta Of Raphélis Soissan: Clustree. Bénédicte is CEO and founder of Clustree, a platform of recommendations to HR which uses artificial intelligence to make the HR data internal and external blind to the stereotypes and biases of humans.
During the ceremony, the special distinction Innovator of the Year in France to 2017 has been attributed to Sylvain Gariel for his DNA project Script : it is now part of the list of 35 Innovators under 35 years of age selected in 2017. The final list of winners will be presented next September during the Summit Europe and will integrate some of the finalists French as well as other winners from the 28 member countries of the European Union.
#Innovators35EU / innovatorsunder35.com
About MIT Technology Review
MIT Technology Review is the oldest technology magazine in the world, published by Technology Review Inc., an independent company, owned by the MIT Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Founded in 1899, it is leleader of his domain, and is a world authority on the future of telecommunications, energy, information technology, materials, biomedicine and the internet. Its objective is to promote and support the knowledge and development of emerging technologies in the country and analyse the implications of commercial, political and social. Its contribution is to assist and guide leaders in the technology world (entrepreneurs, researchers, and investors to improve the global economy.
About the award Innovators under 35 years of age
For more than a decade, the MIT Technology Review annually recognizes young innovators and entrepreneurs, the most talented of the world through the global Innovators under the age of 35 years was held in Boston, Massachusetts, United States. The objective of the awards is to recognize innovation, to encourage the development of new technologies and the creative application of innovations already existing in order to solve the current problems, and stimulate progress.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a bank of the first rank in Europe with an international reach. It is present in 75 countries, with more than 189 000 employees, including more than 146 000 in Europe. The Group holds key positions in its main areas of activity : Domestic Markets and International Financial Services, whose networks of retail banks and the financial services are grouped in Retail Banking & Services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which focuses on the clients Business and Institutional. The Group accompanies its clients (individuals, associations, entrepreneurs, SMES, large companies and institutional) in order to help them realize their projects by offering services of finance, investment, savings and protection. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is number one of credit to individuals. BNP Paribas is also developing its integrated model of retail banking in the mediterranean basin countries, in Turkey, in eastern Europe and has a large network in the Western United States. In its activities Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services, BNP Paribas enjoys a leadership in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas, as well as a robust framework and strong growth in Asia-Pacific.
About L’atelier BNP Paribas
Based in Paris, San Francisco and Shanghai, L’atelier BNP Paribas is an innovation company that advises and accompanies the Group BNP Paribas and its clients in their transformation to digital. Follow us on Twitter : @workshop | @atelier_US | @ateliernumerik
Download the free guide
Boost your gains