Turnover 2016 : 7,893 billion euro (+8,5 %*)
Download the free guide
Boost your gains
· Operating income : 417 million euro (+ 55,7 %*)
· Combined Ratio : 97,6 % (0.2 point)
· 17 500 people in the world speak more than 70 languages
· Presence in 76 countries
· 44 million of cases and 39 million calls received
With annual results in net growth, Allianz Worldwide Partners confirms its status as the world leader in the fields of assistance, international healthcare, automobile and travel insurance. The Group is pursuing its ambition to achieve a turnover of 10 billion euros with an operating result of € 500 million by 2020.
“2016 was a defining year, marked by challenges that we were able to meet since our results are in net growth. This confirms the relevance of our operational strategy and the new organization put in place during the year. The efforts made in-house to serve our clients even better are rewarded. Added to this is the many customers that have decided to grant us their confidence, or we renew it. We are thus in a good position to achieve the objectives set in horizon 2020 and confront our place as the world leader on the market, ” says Rémi Grenier, President of Allianz Worldwide Partners.
The success of a service offering focused on the customer
Much more than a single provider, Allianz Worldwide Partners is positioned as a trusted partner, able to integrate into the value chain of its customers and accompany them in areas more diverse. With the emergence of new modes of consumption, the sharing economy and the advent of new technologies, Allianz Worldwide Partners has developed a unique range of offerings tailored to each market, combining technology, quality of service, and insurance solutions.
“We are to assert ourselves as a truly global platform and multimodal, able to adapt to the demand of each customer, each time and anywhere in the world. We accompany them in their growth ambitions with services, enabling them to strengthen the loyalty of their customers. In addition, we are investing heavily in the development of our it platforms, global to further extend our service capabilities and offering scalable solutions on a global scale. “says Rémi Grenier.
If we analyse the results across the world, the distribution of sales remains similar to that of 2015, and reinforces the international scope of the Group. Europe and the Middle East accounted for 62% of total sales, while the Asia-Pacific region and the Americas, respectively, represent 24 % and 14 %.
A growth of the turnover on all business lines, driven by the assistance and travel insurance, and automotive.
Continuing the momentum of 2015, all activities of Allianz Worldwide Partners are in a strong growth in 2016 :
The assistance and travel insurance, which account for 44 % of the Group’s turnover, increased by 10 % compared to 2015 to reach 3,473 billion euros. The operating result experienced a significant increase of +22.6% compared to 2015, to 141 million euros.
The automotive business, which represents 39 % of the turnover of the Group, shows a growth of 8.6% compared to 2015, which allows him to cross the threshold of $ 3 billion, to 3,061 billion euros. The operating income has more than doubled to 242 million euros.
The health international, which recorded a turnover of 1,359 billion euros, a 3.9% increase compared to 2015, accounting for 17% of the turnover of the Group. The operating result experienced a decrease of 32.5 % compared to 2015, at 43.7 million euros, in particular related to the non-renewal of contracts in the portfolio of Dublin, which were only partially offset by commercial development completed in 2016. Moreover, despite increased competition, the turnover for the portfolio of business based in France remained in line with the objectives set.
2016 has also proved to be a pivotal year for the direct sales, which account for 264 million euros, an increase of 17 % compared with 2015. In this area, the group has developed significantly its offerings on the distribution channels of the digital with the launch of twenty new applications in areas such as travel, roadside assistance, and health, across 9 countries.
“Last year, Europe accounted for 62 % of the turnover of the Group. Southern Europe in particular had an exceptional year, with a growth of 13.8% compared to 2015, or a total of 1,454 billion euros. France in particular has been very dynamic this year on the professions of assistance. , “says Dan Assouline, a Member of the management Board, in charge of Digital and Marketing, and the Region of Southern Europe, France
“The year 2016 is allowed to once again reinforce our status as a French leader of assistance and travel insurance. Thus, Allianz Worldwide Partners has continued its growth on the French market with a turnover that amounted to 627,6 million euros, +8,9 % compared to 2015, and with 2,16 million cases treated. These very good results can be explained in particular by the activities of assistance and travel insurance, which remain the levers of development strong.
The activities, habitat, and automotive have been particularly intense this year because of flooding and bad weather that occurred in the spring of 2016. In addition, we have signed and renewed multiple major strategic partnerships, which allows us to remain highly confident for 2017 and the continuation of our dynamic and.
We carry more than ever a particular care to the quality and accessibility of our offerings. It is thus that we have launched in 2016 with a range of new products and services in the areas of health, mobility, housing and the automotive. “says Christmas Ghanimé, President of Allianz Worldwide Partners France.
A year marked by the success of the 5 strategic initiatives
This year, Allianz Worldwide Partners is based on 5 major initiatives to strengthen its leadership role and become the reference in the BtoBtoC :
1. The Connected Traveler develop the growth potential of direct distribution channels, with a consistent high standard at the international level, while offering the best services of travel insurance : the Group has established new partnerships in 2016 with airlines and is developed on the segment of the cancellation of event tickets, by signing such a major contract with an online travel agency in the United States. Solutions statement of claim and refund online are planned for 2017.
2. Connected Life offer a comprehensive approach unique, covering the insurance of mobile phones and digital risks (including e-reputation, and loss and/or theft of data), on all segments of the market : the acquisition of Allianz Handwerker Services came to consolidate the assistance business by 2016 in developing the services of the “connected home” in Germany. Moreover, the signature of important contracts with the different actors of renown (mobile operator and distributor in the line) were anchored with the presence of Allianz Worldwide Partners on the insurance market of the mobile telephony and digital risks.
3. Health in a Box offer a complete service in the field of ambulatory care, ranging from digital services (analysis of symptoms, diagnosis of emergency), advice to patients : many mobile applications general public, dedicated to the health have been launched in 2016. For example, Primary Care Support for APKV in Germany enables customers to get in touch with medical experts via their mobile applications in order to receive advice 24h/24 and 7d/7. The analysis of the symptoms, a new feature of the app MyHealth has been launched to help the patients to detect their possible medical problems and indicate the degree of urgency of the treatment to prescribe.
4. Connected Car to meet the needs of service providers of mobility and the new challenges of the digital, offering a full range of insurance solutions automotive : new partnerships have been concluded with innovative actors in the field of mobility, in particular with companies sharing vehicles, like car2go, or in the field of autonomous cars with EasyMile. Progress toward digitizing and automation have been realized with the integration of systems and services of Allianz Worldwide Partners in the telematics embedded vehicles.
5. Allianz for Life develop provision of services BtoC and BtoBtoC to meet the needs “on-demand” customer and offer digital services innovative : with an average of 10,000 downloads per month, TravelSmart in the United States is the application that wins the palm of success, the first iOS version was launched in may 2016. Pechhulp on demand, the application of our roadside assistance program to a digital one, was launched on the Dutch market in September 2016 and has already achieved an average rating of 4.4 stars out of 5.
“We are confident in the achievement of the targets set for 2017 and are on track to achieve our ambition for 2020, or about 10 billion euros in sales and 500 million in operating income. Our organization is strong, the thin understanding of the objectives and challenges of our clients, our wide range of technological solutions, without forgetting the commitment of our employees are all assets that will be the difference again on our market, ” says Rémi Grenier.
About Allianz Worldwide Partners
Allianz Worldwide Partners is the world leader in B2B2C in the areas of assistance, travel insurance, health, international, car insurance. These solutions, unique combinations of insurance, technology and services are designed to integrate the strategy of the partners of Allianz Worldwide Partners or are available in direct sales via digital channels. The group markets its services under various brands : Allianz Global Assistance, Allianz Worldwide Care and Allianz Global Automotive. Allianz Worldwide Partners has more than 17 500 employees in 76 countries, speaking 70 languages, and covering 44 million records each year, protecting customers and employees in the world.
For more information, visit www.allianz-worldwide-partners.com
* Comparisons are performed on the basis of the results of 2015 and according to the exchange rate of the end of the year
Download the free guide
Boost your gains