The investment fund JAB to redeem the soft drink Dr Pepper for $ 18.7 billion

JAB is upsetting once again the order established in the agri-food industry. This investment fund created by the wealthy German family Reimann has just cast its eye on the american company Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, the number three soft drink in addition to-Atlantic, behind the big rivals Coca-Cola and PepsiCo. The amount of the transaction unveiled on Monday, January 29 amounted to 18.7 billion dollars (15.1 billion euros).

In fact, it is the company Keurig Green Mountain, swallow Dr Pepper Snapple Group. This specialist american coffee pods, a direct competitor of Nespresso, has been bought by JAB in 2015 to $ 13.9 billion. At the completion of the merger, which is expected to be closed in the second quarter of 2018, if the competition authorities give their green light, the new company will be called Keurig, Dr Pepper. It will have 11 billion dollars. The current shareholders of the manufacturer of soft drinks, which will receive 103,75 dollars per title, will own 13 % of the capital ; the remainder, or 87 %, will be in the hands of Keurig.

Offensive on the agri-food

With this acquisition, surprise, JAB offers brands such as Dr Pepper, 7UP, and Mott s. It, therefore, comes to directly compete with Coca-Cola and PepsiCo. Irony of the history, Coca-Cola had a time taken a stake in Keurig Green Mountain. The investment fund hopes that the acquisition of Dr Pepper will give it a powerful distribution network in the United States.

The family Reimann has extended its offensive on the agri-food market. Founder of the group Benckiser, which became Reckitt Benckiser, the group’s shares of cosmetics and perfumes Coty, she has started her blitzkrieg in the agri-food in 2012. With its military arm, the investment company Joh. A. Benckiser (JAB) based in Luxembourg and headed by a trio formed by the German Peter Harf, the Netherlands Bart Brecht and the French Olivier Goudet.

Prior to Dr Pepper, the essential…

Like this post? Please share to your friends:
Leave a Reply